Guess what? We can’t stop smiling over here thanks to Facebooks fantastic announcement today about changes for promotions and contests! It’s a positive & welcome change for page owners & administrators! Giveaways, events, contests, and promotions no longer need to use a third-party app to run a promotion on a Facebook page. (Applause heard around the world!)
Your promotions can now be posted directly on your timeline!
Here’s what the official rules state;
“We’ve removed the requirement that
promotions on Facebook may only be
administered within apps
With the change, promotions may now be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook, but not on personal Timelines.
For example, Pages can now:
- Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
- Collect entries by having usersmessage the Page
- As before, clients must not administer a promotion on a personal Timeline
We updated our Page Terms to prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in”
Here’s why: Facebook want to make it easier for businesses of all sizes to administer promotions on their huge platform (and think about it, it’s another revenue stream for their advertising platform!)
But let’s focus on the positive here, this is GREAT NEWS!
It means loads of great potential for YOU. Now that the requirement to use third-party apps has been removed there’s more room for engagement and participation on your wall – the ultimate goal for business pages that helps drive profits and success.
So what are the benefits to you as a business owner?
- You will now be able to directly engage your visitors as opposed to only being able to utilize tabs in previous Facebook content rules.
- A whopping 60% of people “Like” a page hoping to get offers and discounts. Now you can easily satisfy their needs and make it FUN!
- You will be able to utilise the Facebook Ad platform to advertise your promotions meaning you can reach a much larger audience with a highly attractive way of marketing. If your content is interesting then a bigger reach will mean more engagement, followed by more growth, and ultimately more success. Getting out there with dynamic content, offers, events, and valuable info is the name of the game!
- Quite simply it’s easier! Rather than messing around with contest apps and figuring out how to add them to your Facebook page, if you have an idea for a promotion, now you can just run with it and have it live in a few minutes!
Please note though marketers, for list building purposes or more complex contests you can still use third-party apps, which of course invite visitors to enter their name and email address to enter or perform some kind of action.
We’re almost certain that in time many people (likely those clever tech guru types!) will find a way to administer opt-in style contests directly on your timeline, but in the meantime it’s important that we ENGAGE and take advantage of this new Facebook marketing shift.
In the coming weeks we’re sure to see tons of events and contests going on to test this new Facebook rule change. Let’s ride this novelty wave out, think creative and most importantly HAVE FUN WITH IT!
Talk to us and let us know your thoughts on all of this! Are you excited as we are? Do you see room for improvement still? We can’t wait to hear your opinions.
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates